Friday, August 10, 2012

reading...

You guys...I just read THE BEST book! No lie. 

When I was little I used to read all the time.  It's kind of a joke in our house because I would do nothing BUT read when I was younger.  My dad would see me reading a book and ask if it was for school.  If I said no, he made me put it away (I know, totally messed up for most parents and kids but it was a problem because I wouldn't do ANYTHING but read!)  I was even that dorky kid who would read while walking to each of my classes in middle school.  I remember I always used to walk into people/things.  I'd also try to sneak my book under my desk and read during class.  I'm tellin ya, I was really weird.  But as I've gotten older and a little busier I'm finding that it's harder and harder to find time to read, and when I do it's hard to get into a book.  Often, I end up stopping midway and returning them to the library (yes, I still go to the library.  It's. awesome.) But not this most recent book- no sir!  Although, it is about 2 weeks overdue because it took me a while to find some time.  I reallllly need to return it or else my fine is going to be like 63 cents or something- nooooooo! 

This book was perfect for me because I love history and I really did not know much about the pacific theatre in WWII.  You guys have to check it out!  It's called Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  It's the story of Louie Zamperini, an Olympian from the 1936 Berlin Olympics, who was a bombardier in World War II.  The book begins with his plane crashing into the Pacific and his amazing struggle for survival.  It's crazy what the human spirit can take.  It's such an inspiring story and I feel like you guys neeeeed to read it.  Do It!

Learn more about Louie here and here

Thanks for the book suggestion sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are dear to me.