Monday, October 1, 2012

Nerdy Excitement


When looking for websites to include in my 8th grade class's web search, I found a very neat website that I thought I would share with you.  For educators looking for interesting resources dealing with the upcoming election, the NY Times Learning Blog has some awesome ideas about how to encorporate the upcoming election into your lessons.  The blog shares a link to The Living Room Candidate which has a collection of old campaign ads and provides summaries on past elections. The site also gives statistics on the outcome of each election and provides a color coded map that represents how each state voted. 

I plan on using some of these fabulous ideas in my Computer Class for the older grades.  What a neat and different way to teach about the upcoming election, while also learning about the past!

Okay, okay I'll tame down the nerd level here... but seriously, you should check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are dear to me.